Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Not Over Til It's Over








It´s not over til they say its over!

So remember how we had changes last week? Where do you think I am? We´re not playing where´s Waldo, but where in Guatemala is Hermana Wetzel? Here´s the scoop. So I had had the feeling that I was leaving Amatitlan for about the last two weeks, I just felt like that was going to happen. Everyone else seemed to confirm these feelings. I was worried too that I wasnt going to be here for the big soccer tournament that I was in charge of planning as pasrt of our ward activity. We didnt start to say goodbye or anything but everyone was pretty convinced. Then on Monday night, after hearing what Presidente Baldwin had told me, I told my district leader to just tell hna Marin she was staying...and he goes hna wetzel, you will never believe whats going to happen with changes...... he tells me, Hna Wetzel YOU´RE STAYING!!! haha! I was so happy!!! I couldnt believe it! But here I am, six months later still livin it up in La Mariposa. Thats why I say its not over til they say its over, or that the ball hasnt gone out of lthe line until the ref calls it because everyone thought i was leaving, including my president. But from what my bishop told me, some phone calls were made, whether it was some other bishop telling presidente that they didnt want me in that area or it was my bishop saying he didnt want me leaving, that will never be known until maybe I decide to tell when I get home. But the rest is history for now. All we know is that Im so happy to still be here beause we have so much going on! This month is going to be rockin. Im also so excited to be here for another General Concference! I wonder if I´ve set some sort of record, being here for 2 general conferences is pretty good! especially cuz i was here one month before confernence last time too. But life is great...here are some pictures of the awesome people we are teaching...

Gaby Zacarias, 13 baptism 8 am
Heidy Ochoa, 20, baptism 3 pm
Ulfa Bamaca, 50, baptims 3 pm, Ulfa is the wife of Hno Rene that got baptized on Christmas! You could say that this was another Christmas miracle that Ulfa was baptized this day! she is incredible!
These girls were all baptized last sunday. It was a crazy but fulfilling, satisfying day like you have no idea! We were running around having them get interviewed, pictures, drying the skirt inbetween baptisms etc. great day!

Evelt Cabrera, 42, baptism yesterday 4 pm

Andrea, my bff and the bishops daughter and I have the samw headband! They came over on Sunday night to take pictures because they thought I was leaving!

Hna Padilla and I, she came in at the same time as me and this is at the hermanas activity that we had and made these scarves!

So the work goes on in La Mariposa, pray a lot for the Familia Obegon please! Have a great week! Love you all!

Hermana Wetzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment