Monday, February 21, 2011

A Clean Apartment

ahhh familia! como estan? wow...another amazing week en La Mariposa! Right now I´m typing in the semi dark because the guatemalans like to save on the light bill apparently in this little internet cafe and I cant see the keybpard very well. But we had interviews today with president and they were, great and interesting. We dont fidn out intil tonight if we have changes and he said some things to me that make me think i will stay one more change or taht im out on wednesday. Because he also told me when he came to inspect our impeccably clean house after, well hermanas, we´ll see ya, soon! ah! who knows. But can I tell you about a miracle that we had this week? well one was that the attendance in sacrament increased by ten again, its kind of like a contest amongst ourselves now to see if we can keep getting it to go up because we definitely never want it to go down again! But heres what happened on saturdaay.

So we worked in the morning to clean our house to get ready for cleaning checks and we just had no time to finish it. so we left the house a little disorderly to go out to our appointments, thinking that we would go back in the noche and finish it. To our surprise, after having a great day with our ROCKSTAR investigator heidy ochoa and Ulfa Bamaca...thats a whole nother story for the birds when I get home. But anyway, to our surprise, when we got home, our desks had been moved a little, that was the first thing I noticed. And then I noticed the pile of dust wasnt there either. I then realized that someone had been in our house and cleaned the whole thing!!!!!!! The bathroom sink looked like a new one had been put in, the windows washed, floor mopped, everything! This was the biggest tender mercy we could have received in this moment because Heavenly Father knew everything we had been doing this past week and how busy things got with the things and people we had to coordinate for Sundays events and it literally was just not possible. The only people that have keys to our house are the pilas familia Morales, they are our landlords and one of our favorite familias in the colonia. I never thought I would say that I could sleep on a guatemalan floor or kiss it, but this one, I could have, but didnt :) This family is incredible and truly understand what it means to serve and be instruments in the hands of the Lord. If any of you are praying that there are angels around us or that we will be taken care of, you can thank Heavenly Father in your prayers that we are more than better taken care of!

Other events that took place this week were awesome. Tell Nathan Warner and Elizabeth Rhondeau I say hi! The pictures, I cant remember which ones I sent but the road rash was definitely a goal scoring skid(accidentally of course Mol) on turf fields. I loved it though, we played soccer for three hours on pday three weeks ago and it was awesome. Thanks for my shoes mol, they made all the difference! I hope I dont have changes because we are planning a soccer game with the relief society vs, priesthood and Im in charge of planning this activity! I love our ward, they just keep adding on to this activity...ok great at 4 we´ll have the baptism, 5 soccer game and at 6 we´ll start the other activity! says our bishop when we ask him what we can do to get our investigators more involved. Life is great, Jesus is the Christ and Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. May he be with you always, is my humble prayer.

Love you!
Hermana Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment