Monday, November 15, 2010

Temple

Holita familia! como estan?! Ojala que esten bien! people, you all are too kind to think of me and remember me on my birthday. Lets just say that if I were ever going to change religions, not that im thinking about it or anything, but I could never be a Jehovah´s witness, because they dont celebrate birthdays, Christmas or anything! And you all know how much I love celebrating anyones birthday. I feel very spoiled and blessed to know that I have such wonderful family and friends that are at home supporting me. The day was great, it started at 5 am when we had to wake up to get ready to catch the bus at 7, and to bring our investigators too. How cute is this, la familia gonzalez bamaca are a family we are teaching right now and they wanted to come to the temple just to see the outside and be there to feel the spirit. Some people in the family are members and some are not, but one of the daughters said when they got to enter the reception room that she could feel something so special, i dont know how else to describe it but she just said ¨mmm que rico! ¨someone else who can figure out how to translate that can tell you, but some things are just better said in spanish. This family is bien pilas but the only problem is that the dad has to get divorced in the states before he can get married here and then be baptized.

Ummm, what else, so much happened, it was incredible! oh yeah, did I mention that this was a stake temple day? They get on the bus to go to the temple for the whole day, and the members just stay there the whole day doing one session after another, how cool is that! They do it to take advantage of being there because the temple is so far away, but why didnt I ever think of that when we live 15 mins from one temple and we are within 45 mins of 7 or 8 others. Just to spend the whole day in the temple, what a feeling, what a day that would be!

But saben que? Im sorry I just have to share this because you all will laugh that we joke about me always having special priveleges, not special priveleges but sometimes things like this just work out for me, you know what Im talking about. but we got to do initiatory too, even though missionaries dont usually do initiatories, but I thought, it doesnt hurt to ask and we didnt have time for another full session, but the hermana told us no at first but then when I was changing, she came and handed me the clothes and said ¨the temple president gave you permission to do 5 temple names!¨ ha! I took the clothes so fast and it was awesome, incredible, amazing! It just goes to show that Heavenly Father loves us so much, not to mention that those people had been waiting since 1825 for this work to be done and they probably couldnt wait a second longer! I havent had a better birthday than this one. I even saw Hna Noriega! She ran up to me and gave me a huge smile and hug and I was so excited to see her! She is always so cute and nice and tiny! She sends her love. * We had an awesome lesson with hermana Isabel when we got back from the temple. The miracle was that she was home! Supposedly she was supposed to be out of town, but we had a feeling that we should call her to check up on her cuz thats all you can do when they arent at their house and she goes, oh yeah im in my house, come over! We taught her the ten commandments and the importance of the sabbath day especially, and she goes, oh yeah so im going to start buying my bread and tortillas on saturday. ha! those answers are the best. The Lord truly is preparing people to accept his gospel! We also met with our bishop after, and his little daughter vanessa, has the same birthday as me and she is my favorite! they are so cute.

Im sorry I havent sent pictures for awhile, I promise a package will be on the way soon. Love you all, love this work, love that I can actually speak and share the gospel from whats in my heart, love spanish, love Jesus Christ, love this gospel, love all of you and pray for you daily! Have a great week! muah!

Love always,
Hermana Peach Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment