Monday, November 8, 2010

Amulek

Hola! Greetings from Amatitlan, Guatemala. Ill tell you something, the weather here now feels like alta in the morning and during the day its like being in lake powell with a long skirt and clothes on! Sorry for the analogy but thats what we´re dealin with here, but I love it. The work is great, my comp is great and sooo much happened this week! First we had an AMAZING conference with Elder Martino last week in Esquintla(the coast). We received some pretty exciting news about our zone and this man is so inspired! I thought we were going to do like practices in front of him in the afternoon, but he taught us all morning and all afternoon, just one thing after another, pulling scriptures out of everywhere, oh man, it was incredible. It was just what I needed because he likened the scriptures unto us as missionaries and the scriptures tell us exactly what we need to do, but muchas veces..many times we have to dig a little deeper. Like who would have thought that when Alma returned to find Amulek waiting for him, that even though he was breaking all the mission rules of staying in a members house for many days, that what he really was doing was teaching and edifying the family of Amulek. We figured that Amulek was like a less active member of the church, but through the visit of Alma, and after a time, the testimony of Amulek astonished the people when he was teaching. It was stuff like that that Elder Martino taught us, that as missionaries we need to have an Amulek to teach with us when we visit our investigators. I hope everyone of you is praying for missionary opportunities so you can be an Amulek in someone elses life and can help the missionaries. I have such a strong testimony of member work, I dont know what I would do here in the little Mariposa without the awesome members. We also talked about miracles in our district meeting today and how really, everything is a miracle in the mission, I have said this before but seriously whenever someone gets baptized, its a miracle. I never knew Satan was so powerful before I had seen the work he has done on some of the people here in Guatemala. But the light of the gospel is always stronger and more powerful than him, we just need to choose which side to be on. But its even a miracle when someone prays! Oh i love it when people pray. This week we found Ester and Sindi and they are evangelical, a mom and a daughter who were interested in Jose smith but said that they had already been baptized. We invited them to pray to know if they should be baptized´ again´ and if the Book of Mormon is true and if Jose Smith was a prophet. The way they thought about it for a minute and said yes after was kind of intense but Im so excited to verify with them tonight if they prayed! We also said a sad goodbye to gregorio our investigator who has to leave and work in the coast for six months. Be grateful for your jobs!
But it sounds like everyone is doing well there, katie, this is scary but i saw that picture of grace in her cupcake outfit and she looks exactly like me!!!! well, i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but she is getting so big!!!! and ella, as you would say, is a spittin image of you. yikes, give them a squeeze for me! tell gracie that i can feel her prayers and her tears for that matter and to brush up on her spanish from Dora so we can speak in spanish on Christmas! I love you all so much, really, I cant tell you how grateful I am to have friends and family like all of you! Even though Im not perfect and you all give me way too much credit, I am so grateful for your support. Dad did you get my email on your bday? hope so. Read the scriptures everyday and pray to see the miracles in your lives! I love you, ojala que todo este bien! Dan dan gracias cuz for your email, Ill write ya back via carta muy pronto! fam, you´re simply the best! adios!

Hermanita Wetzel, who still thinks I will be 21 for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment