Monday, May 10, 2010

Campo Week One

Holita family!!!!!! Estoy aqui!!!!!! I made it, haha and guess what! all we had to do was walk across the street yesterday to get to Pres Baldwins house haha. Heavenly Father certainly sent me to the right mission for many reasons, but one of them made themselves manifest today when I had 4 suitcases that barely closed plus another bag to hold my pillow and other accessories...lets just say these would not have flown, literally if i had to go to another mission! haha anyway but right now i am in my first area, in the villa nueva stake in El Frutal 2. Its so fun. my new companion is Hna Brown from arizona. i love her! she is a great missionary, she is willing to help me with my spanish which is a blessing but at least we can communicate in english if needs be. what else do you want to know! ah there is so much to tell. thanks for your emails. i will tell you about one of the experiencies i had last night. When I got to our area we dove right in and started visiting people. I am so happy for the investigators we have, hopefully we can get Noelia and her family to come to church this sunday so they can feel the spirit more and not be influenced as much by her Catholic sister. I had a really neat experience last night in their humble home. I was sitting watching Hna Brown help one of Noelias sons with his homework. I noticed one of her handicapped daughters was just sitting on the couch staring at nothing. I felt like I should go talk to her but I was unsure what to say and worried that she wouldnt understand me. But i went to talk to her anyway and asked her if she would like to read from the Book of Mormon with me, she said yes! I was so excited because this way I could let the scriptures do the talking and I wouldnt have to say much. We started reading in 2 Ne 31 and by the time we were in Jacob 1, her mother, Noelia had joined us and we each took a turn reading a verse out loud. I tried to bear my testimony about baptism and did my best to explain what was going in those chapters. I think they could feel the spirit, I know I could. Noelia looked touched and we committed them to finish reading the book of Jacob as a family before we return to visit them again tomorrow. They said they would do that and we ended with a prayer. This experience touched me because it strengthened my testimony that it doesnt matter what I say, the spirit does the teaching. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and what it teaches us. Estoy muy agradecida a ser una misionera! oh and this serves me right, but ya know the costco size bottles of shampoo that i brought? yeah guess where that ended up...alllllllllll over my suitcase with all my clothes in it! it was terrible. i walked into our house last night and smelled something really good and couldnt figure out what it was...but then i almost slipped on something and i looked down and saw yellow ooze coming from my bag....no bueno. so it was a mess to clean up and even more of a surprise when i found out... guess where we wash our clothes...in a rock sink rub thing. it was hilarious. so, i live in a house that has baby cockroaches everywhere, i wash my clothes in a tub outside and my shampoo is bubbling at the bottom of my suitcase, but i am happy!!! i love it here and yes i know this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime. miss you all, i pray for you everyday. i will tell you more details on monday when i talk to you on the phone! monday is mothers day here, so i will probably call you sat or sun to set up a time for monday. please answer the phone! love you all, hope he wedding plans are coming along! mol, did you get the packages i sent you? love yall so much! i dont know how much time i wil have to talk, sorry. presdidente and hna baldwin are the nicest. and ps im glad all the missionaries here love to tell me about mailboxes....you know who you are when you read this :) todos los misioneros dicen hola! hasta luego! write me soon! love, hermana wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment