Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Campo Week Two

Hola! Long time no talk! haha jk it was soooooo fun to talk to everyone on Monday! Everyone sounds so good and I am so happy to hear all the wedding plans are coming together! Thank you again for the packages, you sent all my favorite treats! But lets see, something that has happened since Monday is...last night we taught the most pilas lesson! (pilas is a chapin word used here in guate for like the coolest, best, tight....but its not slang, and a chapina is a person from guatemala) Hno Gramajo is this guy in our ward who is the ward mission leader and he loves to give us references of all his friends, its awesome! And last night we taught one of his references, Carlos. Carlos is probably dads age, although not quite the lean, mean fightin machine dad is, but he was so into the gospel! Hermana Baldwin gave us a picture the other day at our meeting of people helping each other pull others up a mountain out of a dark cave and it gets lighter as the people get to the top in the picture. This man reminded me of that picture because hermana baldwin said we would be helping pull people out of the darkness and into the light of the gospel. I felt like thats what the spirit of our lesson was doing yesterday. the spirit was so strong! he was asking so many questions and you could just see the light in his face increase whenever we taught him a new principál, he just ate it up. This guy pratctically taught the whole lesson! He just kept asking question after question about the plan of salvation and because of all his questions we basically taught most of the gospel. He wondered about temples and why we are the only church that has temples, what baptism in our church means, baptism of children and we got through the entire plan of salvation with him and read scripture after scripture with him in the Book of Mormon. He even asked us how much a book of mormon would cost him before we could offer him one. Of course we said it was a gift and he couldnt wait to start reading it. Tay, I took your advice and I tried to give him specific chapters and I think the ones I gave him will really help him because he asked a lot about the baptism of children. The spirit was so strong and even though I didnt understand the entire lesson, I could feel his spirit and the Holy Ghost testifying of what we were saying. My spanish is coming along, I understand more each day and im getting especially good at understanding gringos accents because they talk slower ;) aka my zone leaders elder beck and lindsley and my district leader elder erkenbrack who gave our lesson in district meeting today. anyway, this gospel is so true. we are sooooo blessed to have the book of mormon, i hope everyone is reading and STUDYING it everyday. The principles therein are incredible. My day isnt the same when we dont get to study the book of mormon for an hour every morning. que mas, i just love being a missionary! i love all of you so much and i pray for everyone everyday! The Lord loves each one us, I know this is true with all my heart. have a great week! looooves! hermana wetzel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wetzels! Could you give me Erin's field address please? My email is whitney.aland@gmail.com or if you can do it on this, I don't know how blogs work...
    Thanks! I hope everything is well!
    Love Y'all

    ReplyDelete