Monday, January 17, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh hey! Welp, changes came and went, (does that make sense in english?), anyway things are going great and I´m still here in Amatitlan! I´m so excited to still be here, I love my area and all the people here and Im still with Hermana Marin! Our district leader Elder Musick left and now we have a Latin Elder as a DL, but he is awesome too and very animated about the work. So, that´s life in Amatitlan.

As for: Hermano Rene, a few of you asked about how he is doing, and the answer is, GREAT! He was so cute in church yesterday in the gospel principles class he goes,¨I just got baptized and I still just feel good. I like when the hermanas come because they bring the word of God and I feel good.¨ Hes so cute.

La familia Santizo.....they are doing great and I got to see them this week!!!!!!!! No way they came to La Mariposa again to visit us (the missionaries and La familia Samayoa) and boy was it a joyous reunion. I havent seen them for over two months and Im not gonna lie, I screamed a little bit when I walked in and saw hermana Santizo. We had an awesome family night with them and everyone was just so happy. Hermana Santizo told me three things that made me want to cry (for joy) 1. that the first thing she tells me is that they are reading the book of mormon and have the goal to finish it by April, and that her biggest worry is that they arent going to finish because they are still in 1 nefi! I told her not to worry, all things were possible and that if my family could finish it, so could they! ( love you family, I didnt really tell her that, but was thinking about how long it took us!) 2. Hermano Santizo is now the elders quorom secretary in their new ward and loves his calling 3. she asked me when i was going home so they could make plans for when they were going to the temple and if they would have to do it in guatemala or in the new temple in Xela! ahhh! That was the best! so they are all doing great!

Isabel, familia aguilar, everyone is doing great! La Mariposa continues to flourish and we see miracles everyday. Hermana Ingrid is another one of our investigators that was a reference from another investigator. Ingrid is the mother in law of Jaquelin, the one who cant get baptized cuz shes not married and her papers are in Nicaragua? Welp, she referred her mother in law to us and Ingrid accepted a baptismal date in the first lesson we taught her last week! And since then she has been telling us stuff like ¨Oh well, when I read this chapter for the third time, I liked this¨öh and when I was reading before you came, I liked this part in 3 nefi¨and we hadnt even assigned her 3 ne 11! she is awesome! Im telling you, references from members and investigators is the only way to work. I hope everyone is being pilas and talking to all the neighbors and friends about the gospel! So, that´s part of the update from La Mariposa. There have been some crazy stories that have happened, and Hermana Marin and I just continue to laugh every single day.

I have to tell you about our P-day last week! We went to Panajachel! I know that means nothing to you until I tell you that it´s the lake where they think the waters of Mormon were! I will for sure send pictures soon, because this place is incredible! Panajachel is the little village surrounding one part of the Lake with an incredible view of these two huge volcanoes and a Market enough to please a girls heart for hours :) I just love Heavenly Father! I couldnt help but have a prayer of gratitude in my heart when I was looking out at the Lake, imagining what could have taken place there thousands of years ago and seeing how gorgeous everything looked. With the noon day sun and the blue water, Im not gonna lie, our pictures might look fake. But it was an incredible experience even though we were only there for three hours in the village because its a three hour bus ride there and back! But, just incredible and breathtaking, a little different than my appearance spork.

I hope everyone is doing well, loving life, having a grateful heart, enjoying the scriptures and serving others! Love you all so much, hasta luego!

Hermanita Wetzelita

No comments:

Post a Comment