Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas

Familia....
MERRY CHRISTMAS Y FELIZ NAVIDAD! How is everyone? So excited for Christmas, right! This season is the best, especially in the mission. It´s hot right now and it´s going to keep getting hotter! Amatitlan is experiencing a ton of sun right now and I just found out that Im going on divisions next wednesday the 29th in LA GOMERA, which is the hottest part of the mission! It will just be for one day, but its a good think i like the hot more than the cold. I laughed at your comments, I promise I will tell you if anything goes wrong or if Im sick or if there are hard days, but honestly I have been telling the truth the whole time! The mission is great and let me tell you some more reasons why.....

This week, we had our ward Christmas party, right? BOY WAS IT A PARTY! We had a ton of people there, even though it was supposed to start at 6, we got there with the most pilas new investigator we found last week at about 605 and only two hermanas were there making the drink for everyone. People started trickling in and we started at 7:40 pm. haha love those guatemaltecos. But seriously it was so fun and so, I dont know how to describe it, because Hermana Marin and I were running around like crazy wrapping presents at the last minute that people brought, unwrapping 150 tamales, helping the primary kids sing, etc... but it was so fun and filled with the Christmas spirit. All I can say is I promise it was nothing like a normal MP 17th ward party. I´ll tell you more about it on Saturday.

Other funny things that happened this week...we were visiting people yesterday with Hermana Rezzio, the grandma who is like our mom that always visits with us, and we go drop a note off to a less active guy who has like three or four dogs. He wasn´t home so i wrote the note and stuck it under the door. Right as I was sticking the note under the door Hermana rezzio was saying, ¨I wonder what happend to Ivan, his dogs are always the only ones here.¨right at this moment as im putting the note under the door, the dog from the inside grabs the note out of my hand and takes it in under the door! I jumped back in shock and then we all just started busting up laughing. Hermana Marin then asks me, ¨Hermana Wetzel, how many of the notes we leave, actually make it to the people?¨I had never thought of that before, but now it makes me wonder. :)

Anyway, life is an adventure! I am so grateful for this Christmas season and the opportunity we have to celebrate the birth of Christ. How lucky are we to have the knowledge that we have a loving Heavenly Father who sent his only perfect son to atone for our sins so that we would be able to pass through this life more easily and be able to return to the presence of God if we repent and try to be better everyday. Christ is our Savior!!! I cant express how grateful I am for the Atonement of him and just how grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ! I know he lives and am so happy to be here in Guatemala celebrating his grand, but almost unnoticed birth in Bethlehem. I love all of you, keep up the Christmas spirit, serve lots and I´ll talk to ya on Saturday! Tay, aims and Ian get your spanish all warmed up!!!!Loooooooove,

Hermana Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment