Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Still Here!

hola hola! Family, how are you? Greetings from........................................................................................Amatitlan again! Yep, I stayed here again which I am so thrilled about because we have so much going on for the Christmas season Heavenly Father knew that I wouldnt be able to part with these people just yet. But Hermana Rubio and I had a cool experience before we had changes with the Holy Ghost. About a week before changes everyone started asking what we thought would be happening and I always didnt respond just because I felt like I was staying and Hermana Rubio always said with a little hesitancy, I think im the one who will be leaving. So that´s what really happened and we learned and realized that we had both been prepared by Heavenly Father with these feelings. I dont know why I didn´t feel like I wasnt leaving, but it just didnt feel right and Hermana Rubio was the one who had the feelings that she was the one that was going to leave. Everything turned out well in the end and hermana Rubio was tranquila, calm when she left, even though we were so used to being companions and had so much fun together, we knew she had done what she needed to do here and that she would be blessed in her new area...which by the way is the city of Antigua. Yeah, Heavenly Father knows that one wont be happening for me because I may or may not love the market there a little too much, :) But it was a cool experience and I learned a lot about how the Lord communicates with us through the spirit. And to think how it was with Mary when she was prepared by the spirit an angel of the Lord that she would be the mother of our Salvador Jesucristo, that had to have been a pretty amazing experience. But it goes to show that Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us and He knows when we need to be warned or foretold about some things, and sometimes other things just happen so that we will learn to put our faith and trust in Him to make it through our trials.

But anyway, my new companion is Hermana Marin, from Washington. shes great! bien pilas! as we say here. We have had a great first week together and shes excited to be here in Amatitlan. More details about her will be on the way next week. I hope you all have a great week, thanks for the Love and support you give me, I really appreciate all your love and prayers and know that I couldn´t do it without you! Remember the Christmas spirit with everyone, even a smile can change someones life or day.

We have a lot of big plans to get the inactive members active in this month of december. Our hope is that they will stay active through the new year and make it a goal to come back to church. We have plans to go carolling with the inactives and members to visit our investigators and we want and are going to get everyone involved in the Christmas spirit. We also have ward activities planned to help our investigators get more involved in the church. This week we had a noche de hermanamiento and for the missionary moment shared that we have copies of ¨Joy to the World¨ the movie, and we invited each of the families to think of a name of another family that they could invite over for a noche de hogar to watch this movie. We are going to be present in these noches de hogar with the families and I am so excited to find new families to teach through this manera. The work is going great here, there´s always more that can be done and a ton of work to do, but we are working hard and lovin it. Church is true, Christ is our Savior! Didn´t you all love the Christmas devotional? Love you all!

with love,

Hermana Wetzel

ps have i told you about the cow liver experience when I went on divisions in the coast? i dont think i told you about the great adventures we had on divisions, but hasta luego!!!! love you!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment