Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hola

Hola!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well! Bear Lake sounded fun! Im glad you could all relax before school, you all have been so busy since May! I cant believe the summer is over, I didnt even feel it pass by! Planning last Thursday for week six was crazy!!! This has seemed like a change that hasn´t been long enough! We have had so much success and have been blessed so much! Not to mention how much fun I have had with Hermana Moeai and Hermana Ramos. We are more like sisters than we are companions, sooo fun. I have been so lucky to have such awesome companions in the mission, my first two changes weren´t long enough either!

So heres whats been going on in Frutal 2....We had another awesome lesson with our investigator Luizirene this last Friday. She is so awesome! We found her just contacting in the street one Sunday afternoon and she accepted us to come to her house the next week. She is Evangelical but loves what we are teaching her and has a testimony that Jose Smith really was a prophet. She has always thought there was something missing in the other churches she has gone to. So now, we are just working on trying to have her come to church and talk to her family about what she is learning. But she is so pilas! She has helped build my testimony of why it is important to talk to everyone in the street, because we never know who will accept us and who won´t. It has been a wonderful learning experience for me. Someone asked me what the challenges are in this area...there are a few, like meeting with people more than once a week because everybody works so much, we end up having to drop in a lot on people to visit them...and yes tay, getting people to come to church is quite the experience! Some of the excuses they have just kill me! Its kind of funny sometimes, but we still move forward, praying for them to come the next week so they can experience the blessings and joy of going to church! Fatima is so ready to be baptized! Fatima is 34 and has been through a ton in her life, but she is like one of our only steady book of mormon readers, Rm´s you know how that goes haha, as much as we want them to read and have awesome experiences with the Book of Mormon, everyone has their free will. but she always reads and has great questions! Her little boy Javier is the dang cutest thing I have ever seen, besides Grace and Ella of course, but he always is smiling and likes to lick the food hes eating first and then come shove it in our mouths during a lesson haha. I think its safe to say now that im pretty much over being a germaphobe friends! I love guate. Oh! and if im still in this area this next change we are going to plan a wedding for the Familia Divas so they can get married first and then baptized with their 4 kids! We taught them lesson 2 last week about the Plan of Salvation with the little figuritas I have....(gracias a Lety!!!!) and they absolutely loved it. This Familia Divas was a reference from the other familia Divas in our ward, and the investigating familia Divas told the other familia divas, who then told us, that they loved the way we taught the plan of salvacion and it all made sense now and that yes, they know they need this gospel to be a family forever. This is huge! They are from a pueblo in the coast, and the people here that are from pueblos are very reserved and quiet for the most part. So for them to express this much emotion is fantastic! We love them and I really hope Im here next change to help them with the wedding and see their baptism! But the Lord is in charge and I´ll go where he wants me to go. Hna Ramos is convinced Im going to the mountains, but we will see this monday when we have changes! I want to leave you with some scriptures I found this morning in my personal study...I was reading in Hel 3 thismorning and came across the phrase ´the word of god is quick and powerful ´. i was curious as to the meaning of quick and powerful and i found more scriptures that say this phrase and the one i love is in Hebrews 4 12 and in d and c 27: 1. Sorry this is spastic, but maybe you can share more of your thoughts with me, but the thing that I could relate it to right now is that the word of God will be quick and powerful to the hearts of the people that are ready to receive the gospel. Thats what we are praying for everyday for our investigators! There are a ton of other ways to look at this, but i dont have time to explain! I love the scriptures and I am grateful for the relief and promise that Hel 3:27-30 gives us. Love you all so much, thank you for your letters, prayers and support!! Spiderman, Sarah Mabey, Rach, Whit and Nana I received your letters, ill write ya soon! have a great week and good luck starting school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muah, hasta luego!

Hermana Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment