Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week #4 in Provo MTC

hello hello!
This week has been great! migraine free, full of the spirit and I am starting to see the wisdom in me staying at the provo mtc a little bit longer. i have learned so much this week. I learned about open-heart teaching in the TEC, and the Lord has just shown me a lot of things I need to work on and I am grateful for that. as far as my companions go, Elders Ward and Bott are great. It's like having tow little puppy dogs follow me around everywhere. they ask me what we're doing next, they come to pick me up for every activity from my residence hall, they are very aware when other elders are trying to flirt with me and inform me in a good way, and I havent opened a door in over a week.
but how was st george? we didnt get any snow here, we have been able to study outside for the first time since being here, its been beautiful! haha and guess what? I cant escape applebee's or the "melody mantra" because there is totally an elder in my zone that worked at applebees before the mission and he loved it, best job ever he says. so that was a good laugh. my spanish is coming along. prayers are the time that i realize i know the least and the most. its a good time to just talk to the lord and things i dont know how to say in my prayers i just write down and try and learn them for the next time, which is usually like ten minutes later on a mission, lets be honest :) but i love it. I feel so grateful to be learning spanish. when i think im having a hard time with the language, all i have to do is walk down the hall to the japanese and korean classrooms and say a prayer of thankfulness and my pity potty goes away. mol, the home deopt bags were quite the hit, i got so many great looks. thank you all so much for the packages! i can feel your love and i appreciate all your support so much! we taught our hermamna teacher yesterday as a district, just as our teacher not as a reg investigator. it was a cool experience because at the beginning when we were planning what to teach her we had no idea what to teach her because she is pretty much perfect. but then when we began to teach we all just got on the same page and taught her about how God loves her, her trials will be but a small moment and that the plan of salvation, especially the atonement, is real. then we sang i am a child of god in spanish and i started crying. the spirit was sooooooo strong, you all know i dont cry. i could barely finish my thought to close the lesson after. it was awesome. the food here is fine, havent gotten "sick" yet, which is a blessing compared to what some of the other missionaries have gone through. hahahaha i have a neurologist appt on fri at 1040, so i will most liekyl call you after and let you know. pray that whatever happens will be for the best! I would love to be able to go to Guatemala on next tuesday, but i am on the lord's errand and will do whatever he asks me to do, however hard it will be. i miss my hermanas! mol hna willima said you were great. sorry, out of time, heres the guate mtc address.
bulevar vista hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
01015 Guatemala
Guatemala
love you!!!!!
hna wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment