Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Letter from MTC

Ok so I Have limited time, this keyboard struggles and I have so much to tell you! Hello! The MTC is incredible! Talk about best decision ever, coming here. I just love it and I have made so many new friends! I just love talking to everyone and finding out where they are going and stuff, people are so nice here! My companion is so nice, super quiet but so sweet. I guess you could say I do enough tlaking for the both of us, in a good way. She is from Manti, Utah and is going to be a nurse missionary in Nicaraugua! All the elders in my district are going to Nicaragua too. My teachers are great.
Ah! there is so much to tell you. Spanish is coming along, I'm grateful for at least the background I had from high school, most of the missionaries dont have any experience, but speaking the language is so fun! MIssionary work is fun, but hard. You think you have a bomb lesson planned and then our teacher tells us we ahve to teach it in Espanol, no bueno. No, esta bien, I love everything about the MTC.
The food is fine, my other two hermanas that are in my room are with us all the time and they are going to my mission too, we have so much fun together. I am so grateful to be here at the time that I am, I know this is what's right for me! THank you, thank you for all your support and letters, you have no idea how sweet it is to get mail! the dearelders are fantastic because you guys can write me whenever and I get them everyday!!! please send a lot!!!! I wish i could begin to tell you some of the funny things that have happened, but time doesnt permit, later though, get ready to get your socks knocked off.
A cool experience that happened though was on Saturday night, my comp and I were on our way to dinner, which by the way is linner, at 4:30 and a lady stopped us in the hall and asked if we spoke spanish. she was probably confused because our nametags say espanol but then we were like, no we dont speak it! She ushered us over to another lady in the hall who spoke spanish and she translated for us. The lady who stopped us was probably about 60, from Honduras and she wanted us to fast for her daughter because she was inactive. It was so sweet to see how sincere this lady was and how desperately she wanted us to help because she was so concerned for her daughter. So we thanked her and told her we would fast for Izabella and we did. We just added her into our personal fasts as a whole district. WE probably wont ever find out what happened to Izabella but we were graeteful we could help.
The Lord is here for all of us, I know that Jesus Christ died for each of and I know that the Atonement is real! I have had so many blessings, not that I don't miss you guys, but I haven't been homesick, where some of the other sisters I know really have. But I know that we will all be together forever! Esta bien! Oh and here's a cute quote to comfort your hearts, "missionary: someone who leaves their family for a short time so others can be with their families for eternity". Cute, right? I know this gospel is true, live it everyday and you will be blessed. On a last parting note, we have decided to start something here at the MTC...you know you're a missionary when...it's 11:30 and you're on your way to eating lunch instead of breakfast. haha I havent even had a hard time waking up at 6:30, and we all know what a blessing that is!
THank you for all your prayers and support, I pray for you and think of you everyday! I will write a letter later today, but I just wanted to get this out there. Love you all very much! Write me lots!

With love, Hermana Wetzel of the MTC

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she sounds awesome! I wish I could be her companion! Press on Sista!

    ReplyDelete