Monday, October 18, 2010

More about life in Guate

Hola Familia!! How are you! It sounds like everything is going great there, I just love you all so much! Being on a mission just makes me love everyone so much more. It feels like the capcity of my heart is limitless, for all of you and for the people here. The fact that Heavenly Father has entrusted me, throuh his prophet, to serve and help his children here in Guate is a privilege that I dont think I will ever fully comprehend and is something for which i will be eternally grateful.

But you want to know more about my life here....welp this last week Victoria Zacarias was !!(9th Oct and was confirmed on dads bday),we saw the familia santizo twice, we went to antigua , I ate chicken heart and neck, and had probably one of the most fun, most spiritual noche de hermanamiento s ever! So let me just tell you a few things. Vicki is our now convert that had been investigating the church for a year. Shes 16 and just darling. Shes one of our best friends and her baptism was amazing. Shes the second sister to get baptized in her family and now her other little sister who is 13, in one of her prayers the other day said , I hope everything goes well with my sisters baptism and that I can be baptized too. So we are working with her now too! I will send pics of Gabby and Vicki soon. Her smile when she came out of the font...ahhhh, so sweet, she was soooo happy. Her older sister Andrea was a little inactive for awhile, but now they all go to church together and have a lot more strength from each other. This is just another manifestation that the gospel really does bless families.

so update on the familia Santizo...remember how they are so pilas, but they had to move to Mixco, which is in the other mission? pues...they drove 45 mins on Friday and on Sunday to come back here to finish up the last couple of charlas that we had to teach them. It melted my heart when Hna Santizo said to me, no Hermana Wetzel we will drive over there to have the lesson cuz we want to see you too, and it would be better than having the lesson over the phone! so the familia samayoa let us have the lesson in their house and it was great. We talked about 10 commandments and keeping the sabbath day holy, they loved it! The dad was asking tons of questions about what they should and shouldnt do on Sunday and everything. He has done a 360! He is totally the head of this family now and knows that its something that he wants for his family. And then yesterday, they came back to go to our ward here in Amatitlan! They came to all three hours and then we ate lunch and taught them the last lesson with the fam. samayoa and now they are ready! they were ready a long time ago, but we have seen so many miracles by the hand of the Lord in our one month of knowing this family. Yesterday when talking about the gospel of Jesucristo, I asked hno santizo what his goal in life was and he goes: Well obviously now its to live with our Father in Heaven again and we need to be baptized and be faithful in this life in order to do that.....umm hello i promise not every investigator says that! Im sorry i cant do it justice in describing the way this family is and how much i love them. Hna Santizo says to me yesterday, and Hna wetzel, what exactly is it that we need to do to be sealed in the temple! ah! so whoever wants to come back with me for their sealing is more than welcome :) love them.

About the chicken heart and neck...i dont want to talk about it much but lets just say thats been my least favorite dish so far, i love all the rest of the food here, the beans the tortillas, the platanos, salads, desserts...its so yummy. And about Antigua...I love that place! We had a blast hiking to the Cross and looking out over all of Antigua, its gorgeous! Its a good thing Im not serving in the area of Antigua because Heavenly Father knows my weakness of shopping, but you all have way cool Christmas presents! And could you please tell teh COndies thanks for their package and letters!

ps we also had zone conference which was amazing, we only have z.c. every three months now, but it was something i needed a lot and i learned so much, awesome ideas to improve my teaching and just everything! IT was also the Primary Program yesterday, and while it wasnt quite as exciting as those of the MP 17, it was quite interesting because one of our other investigators brought her two kids for the first time......and they were, whats the word in english im looking for...tremendous? I dont know, but just running up and down from the stage screaming, crying and yelling mommmy mommy look at me! It kind of reminded me of the scene from Little Rascals where the dance teacher is so mad at the little rascals who arent supposed to be dancing on the stage, nara you will know what im talking about, but it was kind of like that and the mom could not control them, but it was funny too. Life is just great, you live it, love it and learn from it. We have changes tomorrow, we will see what happens. Mom, thanks for the birthday package, i didnt know I wasnt supposed to open it, oops! but i havent opened all the things inside, i promise I will wait. And katie I also got a special package from you, thank you so much! you know how much i love all that stuff, thank you so much! love you all so much, pray fo you daily, have a great week!

Hermana Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment