Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guate Week One

hola!!! I am here! I made it from Dallas to Guate just fine, I sat next to some people who were nice but they told me all about their church and I told them all about ours. They were witha whole big group coming down here to build one of their churches and i probably could have converted them if their pastor wasnt glaring at me. hahaha they were nice though. I also had a cool experience, a man came up to me as I was gathering all my stuff when we landed and introduced himself as the area seventy Elder Augusto. he had heard me talking and assumed I must be a missionary, so he helped me the whole way through customs and got me to where the MTC people picked me up. he carried my 46 pound backpack for me, my huge bag weighed 78 lbs and my other one was 54 lbs plus my side back and pillow were overflowing with my spanish scriptures and other stuff. I was so happy when I stepped foot in the CCM, President steimhle was there to greet me, Miguel and Percy(the ones that picked me up) were my new best friends and all my hermanas were around the corner and jumped out when i got there!! and I got to drop my stuff. ha It was a great reunion and we´ve had a lot of fun catching up these last couple days. there are some other sweet hermanas here, and guess what! im so glad i traveled on monday and got to be here yesterday because we went out into the city square, which is 45 mins away from here on a bus, but is in my mission, and we got to proselyte and talk to as many people as we could! They sent each native american missionary with a latin and the gringos mostly just stood there and testified when the latin all the sudden stopped talking..haha that was our cue because i had no idea what my companion was saying 98% of the time. it was hialrious, but such a cool experience. they talk really fast and the old guys with no teeth dont really speak very loud or annunciate much haha. but it was so cool because we gave 4 Books of Mormon and got 8 contacts that the missionaries can go teach. there were about three of the four books that we placed that were really interested, I could at least get that much from the length of the conversation and their body language. and i would ask hermana ponce after if I had read the investigator right and she said yes to those three. there was only one creeper who kept asking where my family was from and wanted to know our address.
The Latin hermanas are all stellar. they help us with our spanish and we help them with english. i really do love spanish and I feel like Im not behind the other hermanas and im grateful they are doing a lot of review of what we learned in provo right now. I taught my first lesson in spanish yesterday, that was...interesting. its great that the spirit does the work. elder oaks said in the devo we watched: "the spirit will teach louder than your words ever will". the food is fine, you better believe we have beans for every meal! I havent seen anythign I absolutely couldnt eat yet so the food has been fine. the CCm is way nice! we have a window view of the temple and its literally twenty steps away. . i love you all so much. i love it here and am so excited to be a guatemalan for the next 17 months! i cant believe ive already been gone more than a month. we do get dearelders here, so feel free to write soon. Heavenly Father blesses his children when we obey his commandments. The SAvior wants us to put out rburdens on him. read mosiah 24 14. gotta go! love ya! hermana wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment