Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

Hey! this is just a quick shout out to the fam and everyone at home! how are you! I hope you enjoyed the week of remembering th final steps of our Savior and what he did for us.

This was quite the week! Semana Santa here in Antigua is unlike anything you have ever seen! There were people everywhere in the street, with their processions of Christ and the Virgin and the whole bit. I think the pictures will be able to explain better. We had a ton of success this week and I actually wish every week was Semana Santa because the whole country has practically the whole week off and the dads are actually in the house! Families are spending time together and we got to contact a ton of pilas families in the street.

We had an awesome Zone Conference this week too. I love Zone Conference!! It´s like Thanksgiving for a missionary. We got to see a talk E holland had just given in the MTC and when I heard his words my heart was on fire!!! I felt the whole time like he was talking just to me and I received so many answers to questions I had. To Dan Johnson or anyone else teaching at the MTC, Im sure you know the talk im talking about, its incredible and I hope you can all see it! Im going to attach a picture for Dan too, tell me if you recognize this companion....

Some interesting events from this week were, on Saturday night, we had thought the processions were over because they celebrate Friday as the big day because Jesus has died. We find it ironic that they do nothing to celebrate on sunday or the resurrection, which is sad but true. So we walked through the center to get back to our bus stop. It was crazy!!! there were still processions going on and we were right in the middle of it! It was nuts. WE made it back to the bus station just fine and were waiting for the bus to leave for about 15 minutes. It finally left, only to break down when we had just pulled out of the bus stop place!!! So we sat and waited while some guy, by himself pushed the bus to the side and we ended up having to walk home!!! I know I dont do these stories justice, but ill retell them when i get home. just know that there arent many dull moments! also, a dead spider came pouring out of our water pitcher this morning into my cup. I didnt do anything, i just looked at it, thought to myself, ït´s Guatemala¨and went and got another cup. I scare myself sometimes at how calm i guess you could say that Iñve become. You see so much in the mish that you just kind of get to the point where nothin really phases you anymore....haha life is great on this side of the world. I´d love for you all to check out Alma 13 27-29.

Hope you have a great week! Keep praying hard, know that Im praying for all of you. Love you and love this work!

Love,
Hermana Peach Wetzel

No comments:

Post a Comment